Luna Solaria is a new mobile moon app for iPhone and Android devices.
Now you can have accurate, attractive Moon and Sun details at your fingertips. View a beautiful real-time image of the current Moon phase, complete with technical data. Quickly see if the Moon is above the horizon on the Lunar Position screen, along with Moon rise and set times and precise Moon position in the sky. If you also want to know Sun rise and set times, look at the Solar Position screen.
Luna Solaria is immediately ready to use after installation and is designed for efficient use. Easily swipe to reach each screen, or click on convenient icons. The app automatically configures your location by using your phone's geographic location.
The app uses precise mathematical algorithms accurate to less than a second (when compared to sources like US Naval Observatory, differences are a minute or less because such sources round figures to the minute).
Here are a few screenshots of the app:
Specific features you'll find are listed below. All data is live (real-time), calculated based on your current time and location.
Current Moon Details
* Picture of real-time Moon with true Moon surface from NASA images
* Names of Moon phases (waxing, waning, crescent, gibbous, new, first quarter, full, third quarter)* Dates of upcoming full, new, first and third quarter Moons
* Percent of full
* Age (days and percent)
* Brightness (magnitude)
* Zodiac sign
* Distance from Earth
Lunar Position Details
* Moonrise time
* Moonset time
* Transit time (highest point in the sky)
* Subtransit time (lowest point below horizon)
* Azimuth, in degrees (the compass direction of the Moon's location)
* Altitude, in degrees (how high above the horizon)
* RA (right ascension) and Dec (declination)
Sun Position Details
* Sunrise, including twilight times (Civil, Nautical and Astronomical)
* Sunset, including twilight times (Civil, Nautical and Astronomical)
Note: If you have a Windows desktop computer and are looking for MORE moon details, take a look at QuickPhase Pro (opens new window).